Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'll Put the System on Trial an' Shit

Pardon my lapse in bringing the righteous message to the people, but I have been busy preparing my case in the matter of Palfini v. Corporate America.

You see, I have received notice that certain entities have opted to contest the modest and, yes, well-deserved severance package owed me by former employer, Standard Media International (formerly dba The Industry Standard). I don't want to name any names, but it seems that corporate giants like Yahoo, Oracle, Corio, Siebel and The Four Seasons Resort in Carlsbad, California have decided that my $2,134.62 claim is causing undue harm to their respective bottom lines.

So they've sicked their high-powered, Aqua-frequenting West Coast lawyers on me. Well, not really, but they did file an omnibus objection to several claims based on severances, of which, mine was one. Now I don't know what an omnibus is (unless it's one of those doubledeckers they have in London). Hey, I'm just an average Joe leading an average workaday existence. But I'll be damned if I'm going to let a bunch of empty suits take my beer money without a fight!

And a fight they will get! So far, my efforts have been focused on obtaining a vintage tan corduroy three-piece suit circa 1977 to wear to the hearing on January 3rd, but I plan to brush up on "the law" as soon as I'm done with that...and some other stuff.

Keep in mind people, Standard Media International filed for bankruptcy 3 1/2 years ago and I'm still waiting to get paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home