Friday, November 19, 2004

The Bossman Laggeth

I know you're all getting antsy as I haven't posted in a few days. The thing is: I've had better things to do. So deal with it. Gosh it's fun to pretend like people actually care whether I post anything on this site!

Anyway, back to my personal illusion: I'm working on some very ambitious posts, including one on the state of the music industry and what we can learn from European and Asian industry models. Of course, I promised you weeks ago that I would be offering my ideas on what good came out of the election -- and I assure you, I'm still thinking on that one.

For now, I'd like to offer a couple of recommendations. I had the chance to catch Wilco last week at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland and it is definitely a sight to behold. Their new lineup manages to be both audacious and bodacious -- and they sound better than ever. The second is a documentary called Dig! about the Brian Jonestown Massacre, its brash yet immensely talented singer/songwriter/frontman Anton Newcombe and their relationship with indie success story the Dandy Warhols. It's fascinating -- and not just in a Behind the Music , downward spiral kind of way. Thanks to Carrie for hooking me up with a bootleg copy on good old VHS.

I haven't been watching much TV lately, so if anyone has episodes of The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm or the OC taped, hook me up. I'll bring the Peppermint Schnapps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home