Sunday, October 17, 2004

Stewart Part 2

For those of you who don't read the comments or don't click on the nice pink-highlighted words therein (links), I'd like to thank Daniel for providing a link to the video of Jon Stewart's apppearance. It's a lot more entertaining than the transcript. Here is the link. But unfortunately, I still don't know how to create a link on this service, because the help pages won't display -- I assume either due to my operating system or browser. So cut and paste, people.

Jon Stewart on Crossfire video

And while I'm posting, let me just take this chance to say that the Red Sox meltdown came a little late this year, or a little early, depending on how you look at it. But there it is again. It has become one of the few things one can depend on in this topsy-turvy, mad, mad, mad world. Thanks, Red Sox. You've made my October. I'm leaving it up to the American voter to make my November (and for that matter, my 21st century).

And Daniel, Jon, Dave or whoever else is blogging on Blogspot and reads this, if you could explain to me the link field and how to use it, I'd appreciate it. Just leave a comment.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Elbo said...

Boss:

Isn't there a button on your 'Create Post' dashboard, next to 'boldface' and 'italics,' that creates links? If you highlight a word, then hit the button, does it not give you a popup window asking for the link?

If not, the html code is pretty simple. Open bracket (above comma on your keyboard), a href="link here", close bracket (above period), word(s) that will appear in the post as a link, open bracket, slash a, close bracket. (I have to spell it out that way, for reasons that should be obvious.) Right-click and do "view source" to see your blog page in html, scroll down and you'll see tons of these things.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Brian Caulfield said...

I get basic cable, so I've never seen the Jon Stewart show. Until I saw the CNN clip, and then cruised through some of his bits on the daily show's web site. $@#@ing amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home