Thursday, October 14, 2004

Are You Talkin' To Me? Are You Talkin' To Me?

My favorite moment of Wednesday night's debate was when GWB insinuated that the jobless problem is tied to lack of achievement in school! There are jobs out there, but no candidates skilled enough to fill them?! As a chronically unemployed American, I take umbrage, sir! In fact, I wish we lived in the day when you could challenge a man to a duel!...

On another note, I am really relishing watching the Yankees late-waking pitching staff ream those liberal New England elitists...er, I mean... punk-ass Red Sox hitters. Mariano Rivera for President! Who knows, maybe after Schwartzenegger gets the law changed. Ah, who am I kidding, I'll be railing on the sins of the Yankees hours after they knock out Boston. Sorry about the above paragraph, Zach.

Oh and I've thought of another way that the pennant race parallels the presidential race: Both involve one side that used to identify as 'cowboys' but has now settled for the lowered expectations commensurate with just being an idiot. (See Johnny 'We're Idiots' Damon and George W. 'Laura Speaks English A Lot Better Than I Do' Bush)

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Elbo said...

I understand that if Boston were to win the World Series in seven games (not that they will), the ticker tape parade would be held on Election Day.

But that's not going to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home