Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Suj-fan Makes My Christmas That Much More Bearable



Sufjan Stevens (sometimes pronounced SUJ-fan Steff-ENS) has decided to put together a Christmas box set, according to Pitchfork. I celebrate every indie rock holiday release, as each one supplants an album's worth of yuletide suffering at the hands of Bing Crosby, Reba McEntire or Andy Williams over the holiday season at my parent's house. I celebrate with gusto when the release in question takes the place of five albums and I can tell my parents that it's Christian rock.

Apparently, MP3s of at least some of the 42 songs on this box set have been around for a year or two.

(photo courtesy of NOW Toronto, 2003 via Brooklyn Vegan)

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Elbo said...

I've already done my part, every year since 2001.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger the_boss said...

Indeed. And you also have the "my friend recorded this" must-play factor going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home