Monday, August 28, 2006

Pitchfork-man vs. Birdmonster




Pitchfork handed down its review of Birdmonster's new album last Friday with all the respect and deference that Godzilla showed Tokyo back in 1954. Contributor William Bowers heaved vicious indie-rock slurs like 'a jangly Everclear' and 'reeks of Candlebox's heroic chest hair' in an unrelentingly brutal smackdown of an album review.

Anyhow, I wanted to feel righteous anger and resentment toward Pitchfork, akin to what I felt when they slammed Two Gallants' latest, but after visiting some of the newer material on Birdmonster's site, I could muster no outrage.

Though I grew to love their debut EP, the lackluster live shows and disappointing full-length material make the 5.6 that much easier to swallow.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lackluster live shows?! What shows are you talkin 'bout exactly? I see them whenever they play in SF and they've never let me down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home