Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mystery Box?

Until yesterday, my only familiarity with the concept of a 'mystery box' involved viewings of the 70s game show 'Let's Make A Deal' or the movie 'Seven'. And neither of those ever turned out well for the recipient.

So imagine my surprise when I saw that people on eBay were bidding hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands to win the chance to open a box whose contents are unknown to them.

Apparently many eBay sellers are hoping that no one remembers the wah-wah-waaaaah sound that often greeted those who chose the mystery box on Let's Make A Deal, or the Oscar-winner's severed head that stared up at Brad Pitt when he opened his mystery box.

Sellers are quick to point out that you will be bidding on THE BOX, not what is inside. That is just a bonus. Their gift to you. Well I think that's hooey. What kind of box is worth $80,000? Don't answer that.

But do check out my eBay auction on some great waterfront property in Florida I'd like to sell for cheap.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capitalism meets spring cleaning meets the gullible public. BRILLIANT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home