Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bossman, Attorney At Law

Bossman 1, Downtown Lawyers 0.

Yesterday I received a check in the mail for $1286, what is left of my severance from The Industry Standard after the suits and the IRS took their share. A three-and-a-half-year wait and the day has finally come -- after a bit of bullshitting, some cloak-and-dagger shit and a whole lot of patience.

It's got me so fired up, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do: anyone who mentions this post while in my company at a bar will receive the drink of their choice*, on me. Don't say reading The Bossman Cometh never did you any good. And anyone who mentions this post while in my presence, and the presence of a coke dealer, gets a gram of coke, on The Boss**. It's time to celebrate our small victories over The Man!

Meanwhile, I'm gonna get to hanging my shingle: Bossman, Attorney At Law. And in case you were wondering, I learned a lot of Latin phrases while researching my legal brief, but 'pro bono' was not one of those phrases.


*If the liquor bottle is on a shelf that stands higher off the ground than Claire Torchia, forget about it. Except you Claire, you can have whatever you want. Limit one drink per household. Employees of The Bossman Cometh definitely not excluded.

**The Boss, in this instance, is definitely not Jeff P$#^&%@ (named blacked out for security purposes).

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Hog said...

Dear Bossman,
where will you be drinking this weekend? or better yet, where is your coke dealer and how fast can I get you to him after saying these words:
"man, I love your blog especially today's post."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home