Friday, January 26, 2007

Paging Dr. Zach Braff's Character



As I'm not the best at keeping up with what my friends and acquaintances are doing with their lives (Rick, are you even alive at all?), I just discovered that my erstwhile poker buddy and local bassist-for-hire Dan Carr is now gigging with a 25-year-old local singer-songwriter named Ryan Auffenberg.

Saw that this Auffenberg will play at Noise Pop with Richard Swift and the Watson Twins. And since I have been keeping myself busy studying up on who to go see at Noise Pop this year, I thought I'd check out his music.

I'll keep it simple by saying that if Scrubs needs to find a tune to play when one of their lovably eccentric young doctors is learning a life lesson the hard way, they might look to Mr. Auffenberg's oeuvre. Especially the title track from his latest EP, Under All the Bright Lights.

Don't worry Dr. Zach Braff's Character, you'll get through this OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home